Monday, February 10, 2014

Drawing 2- The Strangest Place I've Ever Been

I don't know what it is with me and trees. I just appreciate their beauty and all they contribute to our well being as organisms of this God given Earth. So why not use them even more to our advantage by carving out their insides and inhabiting them? 

For the record, this project was supposed to be based off of a place that we've visited (either over break or in our lifetime) that we considered weird, strange, odd, etc. Using that concept, we could create what we witnessed using some fantasy elements to really push the original idea. At the time while we were brainstorming in class, I couldn't think of anything remotely interesting (as it was way too early). So I went YOLO and created something completely imaginary. 

I've seen at most one tree house in my life. Never been in one (unfortunately. It's on my bucket list). BUT I have been thru some creepy ass forests, namely the infamous Clinton Road in West Milford, NJ. Although I wasn't going for an eerie atmosphere when creating this piece, I kept many of the overarching branches in mind. I imagined how convenient it would be for tiny dwarf people to live amongst  the treetops and go from one branch to another using a system of bridges (again, blame my lame ideas on morning classes).

Anyway, here's what you really came for: 

Line art (Traditional, Pen)

Final (Digital, Photoshop)
It does seem a bit empty, but for now I'll just say that that's the atmosphere I'm trying to convey. So deal with it.

Ehehehe I mean I hope you liked the finished piece (´⊙ω⊙`)



No comments:

Post a Comment