Thursday, May 29, 2014

3D- The Inventive Character and Environment

My favorite project this semester, the invented character and environment had to correlate with each other in terms of plot.
Out of sleep deprivation, I thought of a bull who drinks red bull. Then I thought about it more, and asked, well, why? People who drink energy drinks want to stay awake, and I thought that since I gave my bull a pretty beefed up, muscled body in my concept sketches, he must have been a ferocious fighter in the bull-fighting rinks. I understood that bulls were treated poorly in the sport, so I did a bit of researched and the story came to me.
Toro Con Alas (aka Al) is a recently retired bull from the bull-fighting rinks of Ecuador, and due to the poor treatment he received during his career as a fighter, he experiences recurring nightmares. So, in order to escape the repressed horrors of torture and mauling, he drinks copious amounts of energy drinks to stay awake. He resides in a small adobe Mexican house, but remains predominantly in his living room glued to the front of his television in order to distract himself, which doesn't really work unfortunately. Poor guy.


Concept Sketches





Turnaround

Environment


Toro Con Alas, the Retired Bull Fighter









No comments:

Post a Comment